Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Goodbye to One of the Oldest Women in the World - My Great Gramma Delma



My Great Gramma Delma passed today. She was one of the oldest women in the world. 114 years is a long time to spend on this planet. She was a painter and a teacher. She made the most amazing cinnamon rolls and painted purple cows and flower girls, landscapes, seascapes...
I am so happy I got to say goodbye and kiss her soft cheeks. I told her I am still following my dream of being an artist - drawing and painting and showing my work. She painted all the time for the joy of it. I need to remember that when I am discouraged, which is quite frequently.
I am re-posting the photos of her palette and art supplies that I have. I look forward to painting on her easel. Love you Gramma.

No comments: